by Linda Heistman
You may have heard of the TV show called, “Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?” Similarly, my challenge to you is to see if you are smarter than a senior citizen!
Without using any electronic device, see how many of the following trivia questions you can answer:
1. Who was Caspar Milquetoast?
2. How many presidents has the USA had?
3. How many of the presidents can you name?
4. Who were the World Series Champions in 1956?
5. When was the “America First Committee” founded and why was it founded? Extra credit if you know when and why it was disbanded.
6. Who was Evelyn McHale?
7. When did the first McDonald’s Restaurant open?
8. What is the story of the ‘Brown Lady’ of Raynham Hall in England?
9. When was the Hula Hoop first introduced?
10. Name all four members of The Monkees pop band.
If you had difficulty answering any of the above questions, then maybe you need to spend time with a local senior who can share some real life events with you.
As March quickly approaches we have many activities planned that will keep us busy.
On March 2, come by and play our Lion or Lamb guessing game.
We will have an indoor picnic on March 9. Though it may be cold, wet and miserable outside, inside we will have a nice, sunny, warm day with a lot of summer-like activities planned!
From 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., we will also participate in the Town of Webb School’s PARP (Pick a Reading Partner) read–in program.
Saturday evening, March 12, the seniors will enjoy the Town of Webb School’s musical production of “The Pajama Game.”
The Kindergarten class plans to visit again on March 16 and are sure to bring us the Luck o’ the Irish!
We’re planning a basketfull of Palm Sunday- and Easter-themed activities and fun at SHARP on March 23; and on March 30 we’re having a Masquerade Party!
Come dressed up and be ready for a great time.
There will be dancing, music and prizes.
Each week we also offer exercises, puzzles, and games.
SHARP is a free program offered to all independent senior citizens from Woodgate to Raquette Lake.
We meet at Niccolls Memorial Church in Old Forge from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. every Wednesday.
Lunch during our regular Wednesday sessions is provided by the Community Health & Wellness Fund (formerly the Town of Webb Health Center Fund.)
For more information, call or text (315) 225-7553, or email email@example.com. Check our Facebook page anytime for updates. Search: SHARP