The Town of Webb UFSD Board of Education held a meeting on Tuesday, December 15, where it reviewed the following information and took the following action.
Approved the Minutes of the December 1, 2015 meeting.
Approved the Warrants and Claims.
Approved the Treasurer’s Report for November 2015.
Approved Kristin Helmer as 2015-2016 school volunteer.
Approved the appointment of Patrick Venetz, Kerrin Ehrensbeck, Sarah Branch and Mackenzie Smith as substitute teacher and teacher aides for 2015-2016.
Approved the bus use for MAC’s Safe Ride for a youth event at the Syracuse Basketball Dome on January 9, 2016.
Approved Aris Bird as Volunteer to Assist the Girls JV Volleyball Coach.
Approved the purchase of the 2009 Chevrolet Suburban from Raquette Lake UFSD.
Principal’s Report – Mr. John Swick submitted the following information:
• Six TOW UFSD students represented us among 7 Herkimer county high schools who participated in the 4-H Government Intern Program at the Herkimer county Legislative Chambers during the fall season. C. Brosemer, V. Franco, R. Sessions, W. Lamphear, J. Norrs and C. Hamlin.
• Santa’s Workshop was held by PTC for students on Monday and Tuesday, December 7 & 8.
• Our Jr./Sr. High Choral Holiday concert took place on December 10 under the direction of Val Gaudin.
• Our Elementary Holiday choral Concert took place on Friday, December 11, paired with our 2nd Annual PTC Parent Luncheon for K-5. We are looking forward to the grandparent luncheon scheduled in tandem with the spring concert.
• Mid-Year Bus Drills took place on Tuesday, December 8, for all students in K-12.
• P. Schweinsberg has been selected for the Webb Wall of Distinction for the 1st Quarter. Miss Schweinsberg has been preparing for the Title of Miss Teen Rodeo for the last year, attending clinics and horse shows. Part of the contest was the people’s choice.
The rest of the competition was held at the Civic Center in Glens Falls on November 6th and &7th. She won the title of Miss Congeniality, the Spirit Award, and People’s Choice.
Miss Schweinsberg is also on the honor roll at the Town of Webb UFSD.
• Working with Herkimer County Catholic Charities we were able to have a meeting with Garra Lloyd-Lester of the NYS Suicide Prevention Center on Tuesday, December 8.
This resource has been a terrific connection so far and will continue to further connect our school with the resources that we need in our community.
The next Board of Education meeting will be held on Tuesday, January 5, 2015 at 6:30 p.m. in the library of the school.
*The preceding capsule does not represent approved minutes and is provided by the Town of Webb UFSD for publication.